LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT CHARACTERISTICS A SHORT HAIR SAINT BERNARD HAS:
A Saint Bernard from Youngstead will provide the satisfaction of knowing that you have a truly great family pet, an excellent companion for growing children, with a noble and calm, naturally self confident nature.
Defined as the most majestic and imposing of all dogs, with correct training and a stable family environment it will be hard to select a more suitable “best friend” for your family.
SHORT HAIR (SMOOTH) SAINT BERNARDS ARE THE IDEAL DOG FOR SOUTH AFRICAN CONDITIONS.
• They adapt easily to their environment by growing a dense undercoat in winter which they quickly shed in the summer.
• They are ideal as house dogs since they shed less than long coated dogs.
• As with most Saint Bernards, they are fantastic dogs for children, due to their inherently calm and gentle nature.
• YOUNGSTEAD Short Hair Saint Bernards are bred from Imported Swiss bloodlines. They are strong healthy working dogs that are agile and show great endurance.
• Their short hair ensures easy maintenance of their coat in larger environments such as farms and natural gardens.
• They cause less irritation to people who are allergic to dog hair.
• Their natural protective instinct together with their formidable size makes them excellent guard dogs, which was part of their original function.